Tim Rumney has become CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB after serving as interim CEO since August, while more positions have been filled internationally.
Tim Romney appointed CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB
Tim Rumney has been appointed as a full-time CEO of BWH Hotel Group GB, which includes Best Western Great Britain and WorldHotels Great Britain. He has held the position of interim CEO since August.
Having served as chairman of the BWH Hotel Group for four years and director since 2009, he has led the organization through a significant period of expansion and change, according to the company.
He has operated three hotels in the Best Western brands for over 20 years, including The Castle Green Hotel in Kendal and The Best Western Plus Pinewood Hotel in Wilmslow. He has over 30 years’ experience in the hospitality industry including holding senior positions at Forte Hotels in London and the counties.
He replaced outgoing chief executive Rob Patterson, who had been in the position since 2017 and began his tenure representing BWH Hotel Group Great Britain at this month’s BWH Hotel Group International meeting.
BC Hotel Association unveils 2021 board of directors
The British Columbia Hotel Association (BCHA) has introduced its new board of directors, following the organization’s last virtual general meeting. BCHA’s Board of Directors 2021 will deliver strategic leadership vision, commitment to the sector, and action on industry resilience and recovery after the COVID-19 pandemic, workforce shortages, and bushfire and flood crises, the association reports.
The 2021 BCHA Board of Directors welcomes three new Board members and is comprised of a team of industry leaders from diverse regions across the province. They are:
- Brian Belbeam, Delta Hotels by Marriott, Kamloops
- Brian Ruhl, Coast Hotels Limited, Vancouver
- Chris Watson, Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza, Victoria
- David Mackenzie, Pemberton Valley Lodge, Pemberton
- David McQueen, Coast Bastion Hotel, Nanaimo
- Doug Andrews, The Listel Hotel, Whistler
- Eleanor Ryan, Pomeroy Inn & Suites, and Stonebridge Hotel Fort St John, Fort St John
- Jessica Dolan, Ramada Penticton, Penticton (new board member)
- John Cairns, Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, Surrey
- Jonas Millen, Pinnacle Harbourfront Hotel, Vancouver
- Leo Saad, Best Western Plus Chateau, Fort Saint John (new board member)
- Ravinder Dhaliwal, Mundi Hotel Enterprises Inc. , Kamloops
- Scott Johnson, Holiday Inn Express Metrotown, Burnaby
- Stephen Rogley, Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor, Victoria
- Stuart’s Instance, Best Western Tin Wess Resort, Tofino
- Tanya Struenig, Prestige Hotels & Resorts, Kelowna (new board member)
- Vivek Sharma, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, Fairmont Hot Springs
The BCHA Board of Directors has appointed new officials, including David McQuinn, General Manager, Coast Bastion Hotel, who will serve as Vice President; Ravinder Dhaliwal, Chief Financial Officer, Mundi Hotel Enterprises Inc. who will be the treasurer; Together with David Mackenzie, owner/general manager of Pemberton Valley Lodge; Vivek Sharma, CEO, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort; and Stephen Rogley, general manager, Athletic Hotels and Victoria Marriott Inner Harbor, who will each serve as executive directors. John Kearns, General Manager of the Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel, will remain as former President and Chief Governance Officer.
GHM promotes Koh
General Hotel Management Ltd. (GHM) has appointed Clement Koh as the Group’s Senior Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
In this newly created position, he will continue to oversee GHM’s strategic expansion of its portfolio of elegant luxury properties, as well as brand development campaigns and new commercial initiatives to support the company’s rapid growth momentum.
As a seasoned merchandising and branding professional, Koh brings a wealth of experience gained over three decades of luxury hospitality management, including senior leadership positions at Mandarin Oriental Group in Hong Kong and Minor International in Thailand. Previously, he served as GHM’s Vice President, Sales & Marketing, heading the company’s strategy, branding and communications efforts. In 2013, Koh assumed additional responsibilities in shaping the group’s business development strategy as Senior Vice President. He also played a key role in enhancing the content curation capabilities and best practices of GHM Hotels & Resorts.