Today, the opening of the Lake Nona Wave Hotel sets a new path for Orlando’s hospitality scene as the region’s newest and smartest hotel.
- Designed as the living room of Lake Nona, the future destination dubbed “Smart City with a Soul,” the hotel opens with an extensive list of technology partners, cutting-edge dining, and world-class arts just minutes from Orlando International Airport – a A collection of unheard of shows in the region.
- With a striking facade of curved glass inspired by the wavelength of energy, the hotel features 216 rooms, 16 one-bedroom suites and two penthouse suites.
- Every visitor will have an experience that elevates technology yet focuses on luxury; Delight in artwork from one of the greatest sculptors of the modern era to locally famous creators; Find inner calm in the mind and body area offered by Dr. Deepak Chopra and the nearby spa; Soak up the sun on the colorful pool deck or sample artistic dishes and Instagram-worthy cocktails at three dining venues; and more.
- Among the world’s most innovative new hotels, the Lake Nona Wave Hotel is designed to ensure technology is thoughtful and seamless.
- The hotel boasts many first-of-its-kind facilities including:
- The largest View Smart Windows app that uses predictive intelligence to respond to sunlight and outdoor conditions
- Access to one of the largest autonomous transport fleets in the world
- The largest single-use facility for TOTO smart toilets
- Automated sound controls in the room
- Detailed mobile app
- Free WiFi 6
- and more.
- Furthermore, Lake Nona Wave defines itself as the smartest hotel opening in 2022 and has conceptualized Well + ech by Wave – a collection of five guestrooms equipped with a rotating roster of inventions from this year’s 10 leading brands that Driving the future of health and sleep innovations.
- Examples include:
- The Restorative Bed by Bryte, the first science-based sleep experience
- UV sterilization and LED daily lighting solutions from Healthe, using NASA technology
- Accessories like Smart Nora, a snoring aid that lifts your head when you detect snoring, curated by SleepScore Labs, the world’s most comprehensive suite of data-backed sleep solutions
- PourMoi bath amenities, the world’s first climate-smart skincare brand
- and more.
- Rosie, the hotel’s automated butler, completes food and beverage delivery for events. Named after the Jetsons’ loyal housekeeper, Rosie uses 3D cameras and LIDAR technology for mobility.
Dining and entertainment
- The hotel consists of three restaurants and show bars, each offering a distinct dining and entertainment experience with perfect harmony to create one of the most culinary-centric hotels in Florida.
- BACÁN is the hotel’s signature setting that features gallery-worthy artwork complemented by Central and South American components and techniques.
- Providing a vibrant setting for guests and locals to mingle, the Living Room Bar is a morning-to-night place where guests will start their day with healthy breakfast options and end with mains and small plates.
- Opening soon, HAVEN’s dining offerings will flow seamlessly from the indoor lobby to the roaring outdoor pool.
- Headed by Chef Guillaume Robin, whose culinary prowess stems from spending nearly two decades in Michelin-starred kitchens and 4 and 5 star hotels. Laurent Branlard, two-time world champion in desserts; And Beverage Manager Alexa Delgado – one of the finalists for Casa Dragones Tequila’s international cocktail competition.
- Riding the country’s leading mica art, Lake Nona is a thriving destination that attracts creators from around the world with its internationally acclaimed local art.
- Now, adding to the richness of its art program, the destination unveils the art-focused Wave Hotel along with its most famous public art project to date – the 50,000 square foot Nona Sculpture Lake Park.
- The stunning hotel attracts guests with its undulating facade of curved glass inspired by the energy of waves.
- While the exterior has chic appeal, its interiors awaken with a multicolored collection of 500 artworks and patterns, stunning custom furniture, custom wall coverings, and more.
- The living room lobby sets the hotel’s creative tone with a 360-degree visual experience that immerses guests in a myriad of colors and upstairs, guest rooms feature a changing color palette, custom modern furnishings, colorful Italy-made ceramic tiles, wallpaper and dance-patterned fabrics on the walls.
- Guests’ journey of discovery extends to the hotel’s exterior where the Lake Nona Sculpture Garden debuted as a charming tropical enclave filled with a collection of eight world-famous sculptures from the Luis Collection, one of the world’s largest private art collections, such as the legendary bronze Charging Bull by Arturo de Modica.
- Designed by Lake Nona director of landscape architecture Jeff Thompson, the exotic garden blooms and walks with a canopy of nearly 300 hand-selected palm trees, each illuminated by color-changing light and lasers while fun furniture can be discovered at every turn.
- Well-drained along miles of surrounding nature trails, the hotel’s state-of-the-art fitness studio managed with the latest technology, and free admission to the new 130,000-square-foot Lake Nona Performance Club, one of the most comprehensive wellness centers in the nation .
- Inside the center, enjoy an unparalleled wakefulness experience at Chopra Mind Body and Spa recently introduced by Dr. Deepak Chopra – offering aerial yoga to an Ayurvedic massage.
- From rock climbing and virtual golf lessons to group cycling and barre lessons, guests will experience one of the most comprehensive fitness offerings of any hotel today.
Meetings and events
- As one of the most visited and easily accessible meeting and conference destinations in the country, there is a renaissance in the events industry in Orlando as the new Lake Nona Wave Hotel begins with 17,000 square feet of technologically advanced event space.
- By giving groups the opportunity to bypass boardrooms, the hotel has partnered with industry-leading human performance partners, such as Limitless Minds, founded by Super Bowl Champion and entrepreneur Russell Wilson, which offers 90-minute “thinking workshops” that blend classrooms perfectly. Perfect- Like discussing with physical activities around Lake Nona.
- The Lake Nona Wave Hotel will be the first hotel in Orlando’s premier family destination with a consistent focus on educating children about Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA).
- Built on a foundation of innovation that extends beyond technology, the hotel’s diversity programming has been carefully curated by this space’s leading advocates to include a library of over 100 DEIA-focused books for children and a bedtime story read aloud via an in-room tablet Plus a playlist of Orlando’s leading LGBTQ+ DJs, over 200 beverage brands supporting women-owned, black, gay, and lesbian businesses, and more.
what are they saying:
- Suzy Yang, General Manager of Lake Nona Wave Hotel: “The Lake Nona Wave Hotel is the latest development in the thriving ecosystem that is Lake Nona. By harnessing world-class wellness, revered art, internationally inspired cuisine and cutting-edge technology, we have created a unique travel experience that cannot be found anywhere else. Inspiring to see the creativity, innovation and brilliance of our team members and the Lake Nona community coming together to design a destination with a WOW factor”